~afs~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

alliance

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AFS BRIGADES!

Go down 
+24
Darwin
seela85
novaman4
Vitalstatistix
Sabinut
dzadza
sazutom
sholer
Fumigator
Zach The Great
xena
MadmanMac
bobafett
Vezz
kag
rakuen6
bn408
crush1
bliss
evan_clearest01
slash69
thefoxman
rotor
psychoinsomniac
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fumigator

AFS BRIGADES! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AFS BRIGADES!   AFS BRIGADES! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 04 Aug 2008, 3:26 am

I used travmap.shishnet.org to create the grid with dots and then superimposed the boundaries with PSP10... just in case you thought I painstakingly created the grid by hand Very Happy
Back to top Go down
psychoinsomniac

PostSubject: Re: AFS BRIGADES!   AFS BRIGADES! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 04 Aug 2008, 6:56 am

Oh no, I knew that grid wasn't created by hand and that it was computer generated. I did mine by hand just because I needed my pencil and eraser to carefully configure the brigades. That eraser came in handy.
Back to top Go down
Vezz

Vezz

PostSubject: Re: AFS BRIGADES!   AFS BRIGADES! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 04 Aug 2008, 2:33 pm

bobafett wrote:
which team am I in?

my villages:-
(-25 | -251)

(-25 | -237)

bobafett, ur in alpha brigade
Back to top Go down
Vezz

Vezz

PostSubject: Re: AFS BRIGADES!   AFS BRIGADES! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 04 Aug 2008, 2:36 pm

i thank u for all ur help, i was going crazy because of those maps affraid affraid affraid affraid Shocked Shocked affraid affraid Question Question Shocked affraid bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
sholer

sholer

PostSubject: Re: AFS BRIGADES!   AFS BRIGADES! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 04 Aug 2008, 3:49 pm

Where am i in? those coordinates are hard 2 read. XD.
Back to top Go down
psychoinsomniac

PostSubject: Re: AFS BRIGADES!   AFS BRIGADES! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 04 Aug 2008, 7:18 pm

Just post the coordinates of your capital and I will tell you.
Back to top Go down
MadmanMac

MadmanMac

PostSubject: Re: AFS BRIGADES!   AFS BRIGADES! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 04 Aug 2008, 9:03 pm

Great job with the map Fumigator, one thing that vexes me though, what about the members that are clearly not located inside of a box. Perhaps we can call them Omega and their back-up is everyone Wink

Thankfully im happily in a box and bang in the middle of a bunch of afs members and from how I understand it Epsilon rules Wink Just joking but perhaps the advantage of splitting the members into groups will create a rivalry that was formally not there.

still, all is for naught unless most, if not all, of the members regularly join the forum

I propose a new sticky thread.. Just for the Brigades.

- Main Brigade Thread

- - Brigade Related Question/Faq (Sticky)

- - All Brigade Related Com's

- - Alpha Thread

- - Bravo Thread

- - Charlie Thread

- - Delta Thread

- - Epsilon Thread

- - Foxtrot Thread

- - Omega "where the hell are we" Thread

... and of course each one has its own sub-thread (ie. Alpha would have a sub-thread of CO-OP Bravo & Epsilon) Separate note, the colours I chose were merely random, but perhaps a colour code for each Brigade isnt such a bad idea. clown

Might help to save confusion in the forum about who is who, though from what Iv seen so far, people appear to be posting unrelated topics all over the place. lol!
Back to top Go down
psychoinsomniac

PostSubject: Re: AFS BRIGADES!   AFS BRIGADES! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 04 Aug 2008, 9:12 pm

MadmanMac, that is a great idea. I think I mentioned earlier something like different threads for each brigade for resources and military. I didn't think too much of the rivalry aspect of things but the more I think about it, the better it sounds for the alliance. Hopefully, we can gain more members in the brigades not named Alpha.
Back to top Go down
MadmanMac

MadmanMac

PostSubject: Re: AFS BRIGADES!   AFS BRIGADES! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 04 Aug 2008, 9:28 pm

hehhhe, true, a scoreboard of sorts, but that eventually leads to outright hostility. But im sure it wouldnt be the first time an alliance has ripped itself apart from the inside What a Face

Still, in-house rivalry is the spawn of strength and as long as it doesn't get out of hand (MadmanMac glances respectfully at Death Knight) Im sure it can only do good for the alliance as a whole. cheers

Last edited by MadmanMac on Mon 04 Aug 2008, 9:34 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : to clarify)
Back to top Go down
sazutom

PostSubject: Re: AFS BRIGADES!   AFS BRIGADES! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 04 Aug 2008, 11:42 pm

I'm (-30|-229), Ive no idea which group I'm belong too No
Back to top Go down
dzadza

PostSubject: Re: AFS BRIGADES!   AFS BRIGADES! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 05 Aug 2008, 1:45 am

you should be alpha - we are in the neighborhood Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sabinut

Sabinut

PostSubject: Re: AFS BRIGADES!   AFS BRIGADES! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 05 Aug 2008, 1:47 am

Bravo Brigade here!

Rikka's Roughnecks! Hoo!
Back to top Go down
Vitalstatistix

Vitalstatistix

PostSubject: Epsilon / Echo   AFS BRIGADES! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 05 Aug 2008, 3:33 am

Guys,

Technically it should be Echo Brigade not Epsilon if you're using the phonetic alphabet Smile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_phonetic_alphabet
Back to top Go down
psychoinsomniac

PostSubject: Re: AFS BRIGADES!   AFS BRIGADES! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 05 Aug 2008, 3:43 am

I realized it was actually echo and not epsilon after the fact, but I didn't feel like changing it. The brigade itself can decide whether it wants to be called echo or epsilon.
Back to top Go down
crush1

crush1

PostSubject: Re: AFS BRIGADES!   AFS BRIGADES! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 05 Aug 2008, 1:30 pm

This is really a great idea and I for one appreciate the fact that I now know how I have around me, either to give or get aid from. Thanks to the one that put forth the time and effort into deciding the brigades...Great Job. And its really nice that you made Alpha Brigade the best brigade! j/k
Back to top Go down
sazutom

PostSubject: Re: AFS BRIGADES!   AFS BRIGADES! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 05 Aug 2008, 2:00 pm

Ooh I didn't realize I was in the Alpha brigade, thanks dzadza for pointing it out
Back to top Go down
novaman4

PostSubject: Brigade Location   AFS BRIGADES! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 06 Aug 2008, 4:37 am

(-15|-309) I believe this is the southern div alpha brigade am i correct?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/73novaman
Vitalstatistix

Vitalstatistix

PostSubject: Brigade in ya profile   AFS BRIGADES! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 06 Aug 2008, 4:43 am

I've added the fact that I'm in ALPHA Brigade into my village profile, so it's easy for anyone checking me out to see which brigade I'm in. Might be useful for everyone to do the same seeing as there's some confusion over who's in which brigade etc?

I have a few questions/suggestions:

Should we calculated individual Brigade strength in terms of total offensive/defensive troops?
Should individual brigades have a speciality?
Should each brigade have an HQ, the strongest village to defend in the event of a full scale offensive?
Back to top Go down
psychoinsomniac

PostSubject: Re: AFS BRIGADES!   AFS BRIGADES! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 06 Aug 2008, 5:54 am

Considering the wide range of area each brigade covers, I assume each brigade should be able to stand alone. In case of a massive attack, I've added the co-op for each brigade for assistance of another brigade. Well, everything else will be worked out over the next few days. The formation of the brigades is still quite young.
Back to top Go down
Vezz

Vezz

PostSubject: Re: AFS BRIGADES!   AFS BRIGADES! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 06 Aug 2008, 2:48 pm

that is true, but most likely, specialization should occur in the players. a player should have a village dedicated to only defense, one for offense
Back to top Go down
sholer

sholer

PostSubject: Re: AFS BRIGADES!   AFS BRIGADES! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 06 Aug 2008, 6:26 pm

My coordinates are 230 -219. can you tell me which brigade i'm in?
Back to top Go down
psychoinsomniac

PostSubject: Re: AFS BRIGADES!   AFS BRIGADES! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed 06 Aug 2008, 7:36 pm

You are in Foxtrot.
Back to top Go down
sholer

sholer

PostSubject: Re: AFS BRIGADES!   AFS BRIGADES! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 07 Aug 2008, 12:40 pm

lol. Thx.
Back to top Go down
seela85

seela85

PostSubject: Re: AFS BRIGADES!   AFS BRIGADES! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 07 Aug 2008, 2:43 pm

i am in Alpha brigade.... hohoho...!!
Back to top Go down
Darwin

PostSubject: Re: AFS BRIGADES!   AFS BRIGADES! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 11 Aug 2008, 10:59 am

Would it be worth popping up a list of who is in each brigade, just so people have a quick reference so when say under attack, they can quickly see who is near to them to ask for help, minutes can be precious when its a case of getting back up in time. Particulary for newbs like me who have to click on every user and check the village co-ordinates for each as I dont know anyone yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AFS BRIGADES!   AFS BRIGADES! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AFS BRIGADES!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
~afs~ :: AFS section-
Jump to: