~afs~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

alliance

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Well, lets see how this works.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MadmanMac

MadmanMac

Well, lets see how this works. Empty
PostSubject: Well, lets see how this works.   Well, lets see how this works. I_icon_minitimeTue 05 Aug 2008, 12:24 am

Well, not so many people are typing in the forum so I thought why not get a chat room up and running, groan, I hear, but I did actually go to the trouble of getting a bot, setting the bugger up on my 24/7 comp and registering the bloody nick, which, I know is easy enough if your used to Dalnet etc, but I was always an Undernet kinda guy, different reg bots n system.

Anyhow, obviously I cant be there 24/7 my self so I hope that some of you join, and if you like to chat with afs members on the same time line then I think this is the place for you.

#AFS

For those of you that dont have a clue what the hell im talking about, from the ingame screen on the left you will see "Chat", once you click on that (though I suggest right click and open new tab or window) you will have a main chat window open, you will be known as ~T_Guest@bloodybignumber. Type in the bottom section of the main screen "/nick nicknamewanted" without the "'s and then type "/join #AFS" again, without the "'s. If however you know Mirc, pIRCh etc, set a new Server travian.org and then join the chan #AFS

I hope to see some of you there and to be honest, for the best fun in IRC download a decent prog, the ingame one is great but lacks a hell of a lot of possibilities.

Those of you as join and register your nicks are welcome to be added to the bot (thus giving equal control to all) but, as I said, at least register your nickname with nickserv. If you dont know what Im talking about then ask and Ill explain further. Wink

Last edited by MadmanMac on Tue 05 Aug 2008, 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
slash69

slash69

PostSubject: Re: Well, lets see how this works.   Well, lets see how this works. I_icon_minitimeTue 05 Aug 2008, 2:48 pm

really confused.....i did what it said. i typed in nicknamewanted ect. is that all i have to do?
Back to top Go down
MadmanMac

MadmanMac

PostSubject: Re: Well, lets see how this works.   Well, lets see how this works. I_icon_minitimeTue 05 Aug 2008, 7:21 pm

ahh, I used nicknamewanted as an example, it can be any name that is not already in use.

so, from the beginning...

In the left menu on the travian screen, choose Chat. (as I said before, I recommend that you right click and open in new window or tab)

You will see a large mostly empty screen with green text at the bottom, the last line should read [17:41] *** T_guest*** has joined #travian.com

In the input text box directly underneath, type: /nick whatevernameyouwant
(getting a nickname is not needed but will help to keep your mind on whos talking about what when there is more than a few ppl in the room. Lots of T_guest628 etc. gets confusing)

The screen will reply with [17:44] *** T_guest*** is now known as whatevernameyouwant

(unless of course someone is already using that name or you may get a warning that the name is registered and have one minute to ID yourself or choose a new nick, registering your nickname is fairly simple and will stop other people from using a name you like, for example, try typing /nick MadmanMac and see what happens)

Next.

In the input text box type: /join #AFS and a new window will open, this is the channel I made. If Im not there you will see the @AFS-Bot, Im sorry to say that its not much of a conversationalist, but im workin on some silly stuff for fun.

Once you have a registered nick (Ill explain registering a nick next) Ill add you to the Bot so you can run it also (misuse of bot will get you removed from the bot owners list. The bot logs all commands it runs and the person that commanded it)

OK, registering a Nickname...

Make sure you have chosen the nickname you want already (with the /nick command)

Then type: /nickserv Register PASSWORD Email (PASSWORD=the password you want to use, Email is your current email address)

It will confirm by displaying: [17:58] -NickServ- A passcode has been sent to Your_email_address, please type /NickServ confirm <passcode> to complete registration.

Open a new browser window or tab and check your email (the email you registered the nickname with)

You will immediately receive an email from irc@travian.org with the subject: Nickname Registration (Your Nickname)

Hi,

You have requested to register the following nickname Your Nickname.

Please type " /NickServ confirm yourpasscode " to complete registration.

If you don't know why this mail is sent to you, please ignore it silently.

PLEASE DON'T ANSWER TO THIS MAIL!

Travian administrators.

Just copy the /NickServ confirm passcode from your email into the input text area in chat. (I have highlighted in yellow the bit you need to copy and paste to save confusion)

Once that is done you will see the following message:

[18:15] -NickServ- Nickname Your_Nickname registered under your account: *T_Guest@*Big number.
[18:15] -NickServ- Your password is Password_you_chose - remember this for later use.

And now you have a registered nickname that no-one else can use.

IMPORTANT NOTE: When you join chat you will always start with a T_Guest nick. Type the /nick nickname you registered. You will then have one minute to type the following command:

/nickserv identify PASSWORD (the password you registered the nick with)

I know it looks a little complicated, but you only have to register once and the nickserv identify command is just one sentence to type to make sure you keep the nick you want Wink

You are allowed to register two nicknames to one email account.

Couple of useful commands in chat:

/join #Channel_name (all channel names must be preceded with #. If you join a channel that didnt previously exist then you will become the channel moderator for the newly created channel, do note though that if you leave and there is nobody there then the channel will shut down, also, If you leave and there is some else there without Op's (operator privileges) then when you return (and if that person has not left) then you also will not regain Op's.

/msg nickname will send a private message to the nickname chosen.

/notice nickname will send an onscreen but private message to the nickname who is on the server but not in the same channel

there is many more and I dont think this is the place to list all of em, but there is a travian help channel and many sites that go into much more detail.

Though specifically for the AFS-Bot, if you type "/msg AFS-Bot help" in the bottom of the screen below the input text box the bot will message you with a full list of available commands, bear in mind that the op commands only work if your are oped (kick, ban etc)

One other thing, in IRC chat its common to use your nick to display availability, for example, My chat nick is MadmanMac (yes I know, big surprise) but if I goto the shops or something I change the nick to MadmanMac_AFK (AFK=Away From Keyboard) of if im just grabbing something quick to eat etc. It would be MadmanMac_BRB (BRB=Be Right Back or as has been argued many times BathRoom Break)
Once you have Identified your nick once with nickserv you wont have to do it again until you rejoin the server, so you can /nick to your hearts content Wink

PM (private message) me here if you have a registered chat nickname and as soon as Iv confirmed that you are indeed an AFS member and that the chat nickname is registered Ill add you to the ops list on the AFS-Bot Wink

I hope this clears things up a bit and hope to see some of you guys in the chat channel #AFS.

Last edited by MadmanMac on Tue 05 Aug 2008, 9:10 pm; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : Stupid bloody mistakes ;))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, lets see how this works.   Well, lets see how this works. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well, lets see how this works.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
~afs~ :: AFS section-
Jump to: