~afs~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

alliance

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Growth, how to do it!

Go down 
+5
slash69
Vezz
j.caesar
shinigami capt.
rotor
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rotor

rotor

Growth, how to do it! Empty
PostSubject: Growth, how to do it!   Growth, how to do it! I_icon_minitimeSun 08 Jun 2008, 12:04 pm

Growth

Every player has their owns goals in travian, some play attacking, some are defensive and each of the characters, has their strengths and weakness, but being active and growth is all important

1. Most important: invest resources into production fields first, then
2. Only build buildings when you can easily afford them in terms of hourly production;
3. Only build buildings when doing so will make you grow faster;
4. Build a minimal defense that is just big enough to make raiding you unprofitable;
5. Build offence troops to raid inactives and undefended actives only.

Don’t waste your resources on anything that doesn’t enhance production. Once your hourly output is around 300 or more, then start building out your infrastructure. Recommended build levels:
warehouse/grainery- 1 day production
main bldg - 5, then 10
academy- min level for new troops/horses
market - 4
armory - min for defender
blacksmith - min for Calvary
stable - min for Calvary, then heavy Calvary
rally point - 5, then 10
workshop- 0 until 500+ an hour
wall - 5 min
barracks - min for heavy infantry
palace/residence- wait until 500+ an hour
cranny x 2 lvl 10 if you are being attacked

general guide: you should have at least one field at level 10 before you expand to village 2; second village at level 8, before you start a third; village 3 at level 6 for village 4; village 5-8, level 4-5 in every village, and you can drop from there to about level 3 for villages past #8.

Note: this is only a guide and can be adapted to individual play
Back to top Go down
shinigami capt.

shinigami capt.

PostSubject: Re: Growth, how to do it!   Growth, how to do it! I_icon_minitimeSun 08 Jun 2008, 12:07 pm

wow. that's really specific... lol, my resource fields are still level 1-3 (except for crop 4-5). but i have 60 clubswings and 10 axemen bringing in my resources for me. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/9tailjeza
rotor

rotor

PostSubject: Re: Growth, how to do it!   Growth, how to do it! I_icon_minitimeSun 08 Jun 2008, 12:12 pm

thats all great, but those farms will run out as they delete and you will have to go further and further to get your resources, so concerntrate on them while you have the free resouces from your farms
Back to top Go down
j.caesar

j.caesar

PostSubject: Re: Growth, how to do it!   Growth, how to do it! I_icon_minitimeSun 08 Jun 2008, 1:02 pm

i agree with rotor as im in that position myself know all my farms are far away an it takes ages to get ressorses from them so im spending all my ressorses on field upgrades untill settlers come easy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vezz

Vezz

PostSubject: Re: Growth, how to do it!   Growth, how to do it! I_icon_minitimeSun 08 Jun 2008, 8:52 pm

huh, my highest resource is my crop up to level 6. though i have a lot of buildings already. my production is up to 67 for the 3 resources and 53 for crop. what should i do?
Back to top Go down
rotor

rotor

PostSubject: Re: Growth, how to do it!   Growth, how to do it! I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Jun 2008, 1:40 am

hello Vezz, as you are roman you use i lot of clay, so concertrate on that followed by lumber. If you have a marketplace you can trade your clay for crop cheap, so don't worry to much about crop yet
Back to top Go down
slash69

slash69

PostSubject: Re: Growth, how to do it!   Growth, how to do it! I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Jun 2008, 12:07 pm

yes i agree with rotors about what he said about raiding and also about clay and lumber usage.
Back to top Go down
Vezz

Vezz

PostSubject: Re: Growth, how to do it!   Growth, how to do it! I_icon_minitimeMon 09 Jun 2008, 11:56 pm

yeah, it's hard to find a nice farm now, i've always thought romans use a lot of iron and lumber.... Question
Back to top Go down
Sandarwarrior

Sandarwarrior

PostSubject: Raids & Resources   Growth, how to do it! I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Jun 2008, 2:44 am

Don't use farms as your best and/or only resource income! Eventually those folks will delete out. And come the end game.. your troops are going to be too busy fighting or defending to be raiding.

My resources are aimed for 10 each. On all of them.

Don't get me wrong. I love to raid! I do. I really do. But my growth is based in my ability to be self-supporting thru my own contributions.

I also pay attention to my wheat production.. cuz if you screw up and build something and THEN realize that you have not planned for the food that will be needed for the workers there.. allasudden you realize your wheat production is in the red.

Having done this a time or two.. it is PANIC time! Try and beg, borrow, steal the resources to level up a wheat field BEFORE you run out of food and your people start to starve. And they will starve.. trust me.

Hero's Mansions are pretty.. but not necessary right away. Offensive troops are good.. and they do fight nice.. but they eat more.. and cost more to train.. you'll find that a couple dozen of your defensive guys can raid just fine for half the cost.

Walls are important. You might not think so until I tell you how I held off a humungus raid on one of my villages with a Lvl 4 wall.. and this guy was BIG! Killed my soldiers (cuz I didn't see him coming or I'd've sent them on a long raid somewhere).. but didn't get ANY resources. The wall helped.. but my cranny really did the trick! Can't take what he can't find.

I am aiming also for the Flour Mill & Bakery cuz they are worth their weight in solid gold latnum when it comes to bumping up your wheat production! Can't get those til the resource fields are at 10.. so you can see the importance of the leveling up.

I also have a large marketplace. I trade.. but only if it is going to make me a profit. 1:>1
I never want to have to give more than what I am giving and you end up having to do that if you don't keep your resource fields up to where you need them cuz your busy building that pretty Palace for your King (or Queen).

1:1 is okay, and I'll do it with an alliance member.. or if I am feeling impatient for a new level up... I might even take a cut in profit for an alliance member, especially if I know they need it.

So.. recap:
Resources
Cranny
Warehouse
Granary
Walls
Rally Point
Main Building
Marketplace
Barracks
and then all that other stuff...

That is my way of doing it. I works for me.
Back to top Go down
shinigami capt.

shinigami capt.

PostSubject: Re: Growth, how to do it!   Growth, how to do it! I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Jun 2008, 10:59 am

yeah... yeah. i suppose so... but my buidlings take so... freaking long to build!!! i upgrade one crop field (level Cool and it takes 2 freaking hours!! leftover resource for what? the main building is practically the slowest building out of all of them.
Back to top Go down
shinigami capt.

shinigami capt.

PostSubject: Re: Growth, how to do it!   Growth, how to do it! I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Jun 2008, 1:36 pm

for some reason my 7 turned into a smiley...
Back to top Go down
j.caesar

j.caesar

PostSubject: Re: Growth, how to do it!   Growth, how to do it! I_icon_minitimeTue 10 Jun 2008, 11:25 pm

lol the main building speeds up the building of other buildings ...

sandarwarrior i agree with you on most of what you said exept the raiding with defence always been a big no no for me they travel to slow ....an the wall above lvl ten is the best for adding a defencive bonus at lvl 20 theres a 81% added to the defenders an that helps alot when being attacked but if there sending rams you get buggerd an end up with a load of rubble unless your a touton lol ive tryed knocking down one of them at lvl 8 an it took a long time
Back to top Go down
MadmanMac

MadmanMac

PostSubject: Re: Growth, how to do it!   Growth, how to do it! I_icon_minitimeSat 09 Aug 2008, 11:31 pm

Personaly, and nooob that I am, I figured that raiding (as romans) isnt so productive until you have the scouts and cavalry, admitidly this takes a while, but it pays off in the end. Quick scouts followed by quick Powerfull raids with EI's and EC's. Keep the foot soldiers at home for defence Wink
Back to top Go down
gawian

PostSubject: Re: Growth, how to do it!   Growth, how to do it! I_icon_minitimeMon 11 Aug 2008, 12:30 am

I think the best advice I ever read is to upgrade you main building right before logging off. It does take a while and ties up any further growth.

I am firm believer that you should always have more troops then population. Population just eats crop and does nothing for you. At what point in growth should this goal be accomplished? Any houghts?
Back to top Go down
leejhaw

PostSubject: Challenge for myself.   Growth, how to do it! I_icon_minitimeTue 12 Aug 2008, 7:36 pm

Once my friend says that I can't live without barracks.

And I did start my village economical based without barracks.

I'm still on my steady growth, having all the production buildings upped to max by tomorrow.

Except the Bakery =)

I don't know whether this is a wise thing to do.

But things are going on smoothly.

What do you think?

P/S: If you plan to do this, you need a great alliance. Just learn about that lately. I hope this alliance don't fail my little challenge from my friend. XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Growth, how to do it!   Growth, how to do it! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Growth, how to do it!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
~afs~-
Jump to: